Thanks for your response Todd.

The issue is that sometime the header will remain empty, so I need the
line to show if the header is empty, but the phone is filled in. Also, I
have never been able to use the suggested rule combining the header and
phone fields because it doesn't format the phone number. I have to use the
phone formatting rule for the phone number. (Have always wondered if I was
missing something here, since the rule you have shown is what is generally
given in this instance.)

And for those that receive digest - I know my original post was garbled,
so here it is again:
I have something on the phone formatting that hasn't really come up for me
before. I am using the FusionPro for web solution. This is for a business
card.

I have a Phone 2 option, and for this phone 2, there is a Phone 2 header
field that will be a drop down on the PrintOne site. I made the phone 2
header a rule - to hide the field if not used, and the phone is also a
rule for formatting purposes.

The trouble I am having is that the phone 2 header field may be left
empty, but they still put in a phone number in the phone2 field. But if
both fields are empty and there is something in the field below the line,
I need for the line to suppress, and it isn't. I have tried both the
suppress "if empty", and "if containing empty variable" (which I can't use
anyway, because the first field may be empty).

I know I may have gone about programming this wrong.. I just can't grasp
the solution (under deadline pressure!).

Thanks for any help.
~Gail

--
Users of FusionPro Desktop have unlimited free email support. Contact Printable
Support at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
You are currently subscribed to fusionpro as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]