Since no-one has replied to this message, and the same situation has
come-up with a new little twist on it, I thought I would re-post it. I
still don't know how to get the human-readable code (with the check-digit
included) back from the function as it stands.

> Hello,
>
> I have a client that would like us to use a Code128 field in which we need
> to do the formatting of ... check digit, start/stop, etc. They also want a
> human readable version of this code and checkdigit printed below. The field
> that they want converted is simply a string of digits. But when I use the
> Make128Barcode(Field("barString")) rule to create the barcode, it returns
> a character string of i,"M?#:'ul (or something similar) and not numbers.
>
> How can I return a human readable string for these numbers with the
> checkdigit also.
>
> David A. Sweet
> HKM Direct Market Comm.

Also, here's a new one...

I'm currently working on a mac using v4.1P1b, and I seem to have a problem
printing these codes to our indigo. I would like to use a .jlt format
(which is native to these machines therefore extremely fast rip times),
but some of the codes do not print out; a "blank-box" character prints in
the middle of certain codes making them invalid. The "fun part" about this
is that if I compile the same template to a pdf file, or a ppml file then
all the codes print correctly. The rip times, however, quadruple. I have
found a pattern that these codes seem to follow, all of them end with the
same four digits (...1107) and have a check digit pairing that falls
within the 90's (93, 98, and 99 mostly). We've checked the fonts on the
indigo rips, the indigo itself, my mac, the server rip, and everything
matches with date stamps so we are using the same font at each process
step.

Never had this problem when I was programming on a pc. Has anyone ran into
a problem with the difference between the mac and the pc for certain types
of barcodes?

David A. Sweet
HKM Direct Market Comm.

--
Users of FusionPro Desktop have unlimited free email support. Contact Printable
Support at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
You are currently subscribed to fusionpro as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]