Dan,

First, thanks for all the help! I've learned a lot from this forum.

I tried "//" and had the same result. I've also tried ":" with very limited success. This is a very minor issue. The template still composes regardless of the displayed error on closing the OnJobStart callback.

First -- I get the following error when saving the OnJobStart callback: "Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Printable:FusionPro:Builtins.js,
line 2179: Error: File operation open failed."
Is this simply a "validation/preview" error and I should ignore it or is
this line of the builtins.js bad?

That means that the file you're trying to open is not valid. You need to modify the path in the "newfilename" and "orginputfilename" variables in the rule to match the actual paths on your machine. Remember that, on Windows, any backslashes in the path need to be escaped with double-backslashes. Or, you can use forward-slashes instead.

--------------------

As for the second issue... let me try to clarify. We have a master template which produces custom book covers, each order contains multiple books. We batch and run each week. On week one I have, let say, 150 total orders comprising, let say, 500 total books to process.

Now the following week I have a total of only 450 books. When I compose the second weeks production run my resulting file contains of week #2's book covers (450) as well as book covers 451-500 of week #1 run.

Understand?

Second -- When I compose a secondary file and the secondary record count
is less then the primary file, my composed file contains all of the
secondary records... as well as the balance of records from the primary
file to it's total record count.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to filter out certain records? If so, the best way to do that is to use the FusionPro.Composition.composeThisRecord property in OnRecordStart.

This problem might go away when you fix the first one, though.

The current "work-around" is to trash the temp file after each
composition.

With that said, is it possible to delete (or rename with date and time
appended to filename) the temp. file with an OnJobEnd callback? And if so,
how?

--------------------

Yes, I've learned the hard way!

The File object is still fairly experimental. Please back up anything important before trying anything new with it.

Would a "for loop" work inside an OnRecordStart callback with a FusionPro.Composition.composeThisRecord? Can't hurt to try it... I seem to crash Acrobat enough already.

For that matter, this "Repeat Record" example itself is basically a workaround. What we really need is a way to control record repetition in JavaScript without having to rebuild the input file using the File object.

Ryan

Do you have a question or lots of knowledge to share about FusionPro Web?

If so, join our Printable Web to Print Users' Forum today!

Send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to find out how! +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

--
Users of FusionPro Desktop have unlimited free email support. Contact Printable Support at [EMAIL PROTECTED] --
View FusionPro Knowledge Base, FusionPro Samples at

--
You are currently subscribed to fusionpro as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]