So the solution is: capitalism in a small scale.
I am not impressed. Capitalism by definition
needs profits and needs to grow,
and it can only put up with a linited form of democracy.
Not to mention, that to solve the global problems of raw-material
distibrution, water conservation, sustainability or even defense
against random asteroids, we need more integration in the future, not
less.
In the last few months people seem to dare to say stuff like
capitalism is dangerous for our future. I hope they'll have the
courage soon to draw the logical conclusion: only a system based on
collective ownership and collective distribution will be able to be
meaningfully democratic and practical for our survival.

Eva

[EMAIL PROTECTED]