Jay Hanson wrote:

> > Is there not confusion within the ranks of our allegedly erudite
> > economic scholars who see only increased production as solution to
> > Social Problems?
>
> Obviously, if one can not "grow", then one must "redistribute".  That is why
> it will be opposed to the very bloody end.
[snip]

There is a third option: to reconceptualize, reconfigure,
reconstellate, rethink, renew, re-etceteraandsoforth.

If we can imagine the difference between a person looking
at a "telephone" and seeing only a very blunt instrument,
and someone seeing the "same thing" as an immensely
powerful means of nearly universal communication, perhaps
we can entertain the thought of making a second leap
as far ahead of point two as point to is ahead of
point one.  This is the whole thrust of Husserl's critique
of the Gailiean "sciences".

    "The progress of mankind onward and upward forever."
                                       (Unitarian dictum)

\brad mccormick

--
   Mankind is not the master of all the stuff that exists, but
   Everyman (woman, child) is a judge of the world.

Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
914.238.0788 / 27 Poillon Rd, Chappaqua, NY 10514-3403 USA
<![%THINK;[SGML]]> Visit my website: http://www.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/