> Agriculture became a catastrophe because, according to Jared Diamond,
> all evidence (skelletons and bones from humans) shows that before
> agriculture was developed humans were never suffering from hunger and
> malnutrition. But some time afterwards it became usual that there were
> times in humans lives when they were starving so much that it is
> possible for scientist to read it from their bones.

before agriculture developed the number of humans was
probably comparable with apes. Agriculture was a success
story in the amount of food and other human goods produced.
The first massive population growth was the result of
these early feudal civilisations.
The problem - as I mentioned previously - was the divisive
and hierarchical social structure

> And from answering these questions agriculture was developed by humans.
> Humans will try to research and develop the potential of everything, for
> good and bad. Most for good I believe.
> And when the potential of something is fully developed limits are
> reached and there are crises. It is painful, but sooner or later we will
> find other things to develop.
>
> Whole civilizations and economies reached their limits. It is painful,
> but life goes on.

Civilisations have worked uptil now as
usually destructive forces of nature. This is not
necessarily so. The curiosity you mentioned above
does include the thirst to learn the patterns
and manipulate it consciously is the obvious
next step. If we have hopes/history about managing
to control/use all sorts of natural
phenomena eventually, this next step is our
only hope to break the cicles of rise and fall.

If you are happy with the notion that
we made as much impression on this earth with our
art and industry as apes, then obviously you
are not motivated to keep us going.
I am the product of social and genetic programming to
think and act for survival...
I have to take responsibility for being a human
being (homo sapiens) and try to act accordingly.

Eva