Your hypothesis would mean that the number
of unemployed in a given country is linked to
the number of immigrants. I am not aware of
such a relationship.
The number of unemployed is however linked with
the capacities of workplaces used; at present
the UK is working at 1973 capacities, and
the (unofficial) number of unemployed is
around 4 million - near 10%.
If you don't like the idea of "creating"
workplaces that are superfluous and not
environtally friendly, don't jump on
the supramacist or whatever bandwaggon of
blaming the immigrants, but blame the system
that cannot sort out the ample resourses
so that we may all contribute to our own convenience
and satisfaction, and take what we need
for comfortable but sustainable living.

Eva