just to be my simplistic self again,
I cannot see how such a desirable outcome
could preserve such outmoded concepts as
national states. To maintain the global
standard of living sustainably,
we would need international integration
on a yet unimaginable extent.
UK has had to come to term with not being
an empire, in fact being one of the weaker
economies of a progressively integrated
Europe even in the present non-cooperative epoch.
Japan was excepted as the second largest economy
for decades now.

Eva