Thomas Lunde wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Future Work <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Only the scientists can save us now.   But I believe our future is written
>in our past -- written in our genes.   I expect "chaos and cannibalism".
>How could it be otherwise?

Thomas:  One of the best minds in my opinion, Marshal McLuhan would have
said the opposite.  It is the artists rather than the scientists who have
predicted the future and provided us with the directions that have led our
evolution.  It is not the counter of beans or the labelers of "facts", but
the dreamer of dreams that is humans greatest achievement and that is not
necessarily an attribute of intelligence as it is the ability to translate
feelings and intuitions into mediums that move other humans.

>Jay -- www.dieoff.com

Dear JAy and Thomas,ONLY the ONLY !? I think it is dangerous this "in the box" thinking of what can safe us. It is neither THE sceintist nor the artist. I struggeled with both communities and even see them fighting for the truth and the turf (salvation through their dogma).

Maybe I have a news for you, as you seem to admire Marshall McLuhan:
I recently wrote a press Announcement: "The Lady behind the Gutenberg Galaxis" is is about marshalls wife and son comming to open the EUROPEAN McLuhan Center and being at CultH in Vienna http://www.culth.org/. The friend of Marshal who started with him the PERSPECTIVE UNIT at the McLuhan Toronto is nor openting MMI in Mastrich.
if you are intersted what we mean by cross-culture "out of the BOX" thinking have a look here:
http://www.ceptualinstitute.com/genre/benking/visual/visualization.htm

the final exam might be the thinking beyond the categories, the imaginative lateral and diagonal embodied immersive and shared apprach to issues and their realtion andf context, not just WORDS...

By4now

Heiner