From: Brad McCormick, Ed.D. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> I agree with you Eva.  In a different world, with different animals,
>> Democracy would be geat.
>
>     IF NOT US, WHO?
>     IF NOT NOW, WHEN?

(a)  The first step in successful problem solving is NOT having a
hallucination ("vision") as is the current fashion.  (Gee, I am in love with
the idea of Democracy, so let's do it.)

(b)  The first step in successful problem solving IS to analyze the nature
of the problem (ask any engineer or systems analyst).

(c)   With respect to politics among animals (believe-it-or-not, people are
animals), think of it as a "game management" problem.  The goal of the game
manager is to minimize the aggregate suffering of the herd.

If one can simply accept a, b, and c above, then one will have made more
progress towards a sustainable and just future than anyone else has thus
far.

Jay