At 09:14 AM 11/9/97 -0800, Colin Stark wrote:

>>See "Evolutionary Psychology: A Primer" at:
>>http://www.psych.ucsb.edu/research/cep/primer.htm
>
>snip
>
>We at Canadians for Direct Democracy (CDD) have a different, and, we think,
>more practical viewpoint.
>
>A vast amount of the abuse of our governments/governance systems stems from
>lack of accountability to ANYONE

I agree.  The accountability issue arises because of
the inherent unwillingness of humans to face reality.
If a politician knows the truth, and tells the truth,
he or she can not get elected.

Thus, one can only elect idiots or liars. The ideas of
government by popularity contest and accountability
are mutually exclusive.

Jay -- http://dieoff.org/page1.htm