>-------------
>Original Text
>From: AR Gouin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 11/12/97 4:38 PM:
>whois
>
>end

Please accept my apologies for directing the above query to the list.
Considering myself an "oldies" on the net, having been communicating over
forty years, I can assure everyone how red-faced I am. Then again it may be
that being around for so long, makes one forget that one should _never_
address commands (such as WHO (not whois), SUBSCRIBE, UNSUBSCRIBE, HELP,
etc...) to the list itself but to the listSERV (usually majordomo or some
such, in this case [EMAIL PROTECTED]).

My query does also reveal my curiosity as to in whose company I find here -
and for that I also apologize (as that should normally be done in
background, between just the listSERV and one, preserving lurker ident :-).

Back to lurking-mode in the hope that someone in power to cause change will
emerge and identify him/her-self.

"It is a miracle that curiousity survives formal education." Albert Einstein
 -- Gouin, Futurist-at-leisure NOW. --