Barry,

When you look at the whole paragraph where the "invisible hand" is mentioned
by Smith, it says exactly the opposite of what's being taught and propagandized.

It is the REAL meaning of the invisible hand that's causing the dieoff.

As for being goosed by it, reminds me of the time 20 years ago, when I had a
shop in Richmond, a suburb of Vancouver, on an island of the Fraser delta.

I was working late one night and when I closed up the whole area was
blanketed with thick fog. There was nobody around, it was a truly eerie
sensation. I went to my truck and as I was unlocking the door, I was goosed.
It gave me the creeps, but as I turned around it was only the neighbour's
hunting dog pointing at the wrong duck in the wrong place.

When we look at the real meaning of the invisible hand, it means the
recognition of responsibilities, or else.......... as it works both ways.

The way it is being conceptualized, the invisible hand becomes the mighty
phallos of the Money God, divinely empowered to screw anything and anybody
in it's way. Yet, but when we turn around and look, it is nothing but a
dog's black nose brownnosing in the fog. The fog of chickeshit brains
superficially programmed like word processors that can not comprehend the
real meaning of words or ideas and come up with an interpretation dictated
by the convenience of shallow waters.

All the very best, Ed  (Ed Deak, Big Lake, BC, Canada)