I am going to be silent for a few weeks.  I need to start thinking
about my next essay.  I have said all I can about the two kinds of
knowledge: "scientific" and "other".

"Other" knowledge comes from "visions" (or hallucinations) and,
except as entertainment, is of limited value.

"Scientific" knowledge is empirical.  It comes from actual studies
of the physical systems that control life on Earth.

In the hierarchy of systems, the physical systems are the most
important systems.  If they go, there won't be ANY social systems.

Physical laws are unlike human laws in that they can not be broken.
Thus, humans either understand and respect these laws -- find a way
to control BEHAVIOR -- or they WILL pay the penalty.  Period.

Working on social systems without concern for physical systems is
like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  If you are reluctant
to read science, and are unsure of this concept, go see the movie
this weekend.

Then go to see when our Titanic WILL sink: www.dieoff.org

Jay