The rest of this message is a copy of one posted on the socialtechnology
mailing list -- my apologies to anyone who has already seen it.  --  dpw

-------------------

I'm still planning to put up a couple of CGI questionaires to try
the matching experiments described in an earlier message, but it seems
I'll have to find another web host to do it, since the local ISP is
not really in the business.

If anyone can recommend a web host who can provide good services
at a reasonable price, please let me know.  I need the ability to set
up a CGI directory and an FTP directory, and some room for web pages.

More important, perhaps, if anyone has bad experiences with a web host,
please tell me to avoid them!

Lately I've been downloading a lot of data files over the web as part
of the economic simulation project I mentioned, but I will also be using
them for this matching experiment.  It may not seem obvious that files
with data for an economic simulation could have any relevance to the
questionaire-and-matching experiment, but some of the big social surveys
like the GSS and WLS provide a source of information about personality
together with information about the way people are integrated into society.

As I see it, the state of the economy is not just a matter of public
policy, but depends on how well individual people manage to integrate
themselves into society, so a good economic simulation must consider
this factor.  The matching experiment will try to help people with
this integration problem, and to do that I can start by comparing
their personalities, educations, and backgrounds to those of people in
the big surveys.

This is, obviously, a big project, as is the simulation, but I think
I can expect some help with both of them if I start to show some results.

I'll keep you all posted, and will write this up in more detail another day.

     dpw

Douglas P. Wilson     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.island.net/~dpwilson/index.html