In a message dated 99-04-19 09:06:03 EDT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 Hi,
 I am hoping to research the area of lone-parents for a PhD.  I would
 like to look at how the choices made by single parents regarding
 employment and training schemes are affected by the information
 available.  >>

Hi Penny L Cairns,

At URL <http://www.freespeech.org/darves/bert.html> you will find the modest
results of a thirty year inquiry into the kind of information that is
withheld from parenting families in the English speaking nations.

Most parents, even the lone parents, manage to survive and raise their
children without the missing information and then seem to oppose the idea of
such imformation ever being made available to the following younger
generation.

The several charts, which have been public information since 1994, are most
conveniently viewed by printing the whole document of eleven pages while
connected to the URL.

Kind regards,

WesBurt