Hi Ed:

Good points but --- the whole idea of this information age and governance is
not necesarily to compete with the experts but for the interested and -
hopefully intelligent poster to give input and broaden the debate by sharing
their opinions and viewpoints.  I think the idea of the bazaar - and I am
still trying to assimilate whether this is the correct label - is perhaps
more like the Acropolis of ancient Greece - I hope my memory is right in
these names or I will quite justly get flamed.  A common area or arena where
debate can take place in which those who have interests, ie the experts and
policy wonks and lobbyists have to justify their choices by critique by the
citizen.  At the end of the day, they are the ones who will make the policy
- no argument there - but now those decisions are made in the backroom and
not even the stakeholders who will be affected by the decisions have input
other than to present proposals which disappear into a black hole - hardly
acknowledged - never debated.

Your example of aboriginal issues is the result of your experience.  What is
being proposed is the creation of different experiences.  This may be messy.
It may step on toes that don't want to be stepped on - it may not even work,
but for the first time since the invention of representative democracy, a
technological methodology makes possible the idea of a blending of direct
democracy with representional democracy.  This is an experiment worth
engaging in.  And looking forward into the future and trying to envision how
decisions in 2030 or 2100 might look, we have to admit that their will be
changes and we - living now at the start of the Internet Age will be the
pioneers who experiment.  And that, to me is the key word - experimentation
and when you experiment in the scientific sense, failure is an appropriate
response which will eventually lead to success or other directions.

Respectfully

Thomas Lunde