Nicholas wrote

--- "Nicholas C. Arguimbau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Y8B is now inevitable.  Will Y10B and Y12B also be
> "milestones"?  ZPG's
> slide into complacency has been scary, and also difficult
> to understand.
> What are the forces that caused this?  Are
> sexually-transmitted viruses
> the "last best hope" for Gaia?  A sad day if they are.

Given that the Ecological Footprint of 5.9B is equal to 1.3
planets, and that 40% of the Net Primary Production of
planetary photosynthesis is used for human purpose, and
that our planetary impacts seem to be doubling every 25
years (i.e. a 3% planetary GDP rate), and given the Nett
Unrecoverable Reserves that Jay Hansen speaks of, it makes
a Y8B very unlikely.  We may touch it and go under...

For the Earth

John
===