Eva Durant wrote:

> >A virus called WORK is on the loose...
> >
> >If you receive any sort of work at all, whether via e-mail, internet, or
> >simply handed to you by a colleague... DO NOT OPEN IT!  The work virus has
> >been circulating around our building for months and those who have been
> >tempted to open it or even look at it have found that their social life is
> >deleted and the brain ceases to function properly.
[snip]

I have a friend who is either a computer genius or close to
it.  He also has a *deep* commitment to doing the work right.
He often has difficulty coping with the incompetence of the
people around him -- not so much that of the people below
him, but the people above him who prevent him from
fixing the situation.

He would often say (in a somewhat pointed tone of voice:):

      Time for a work break!

He also often observed that, for him, there was no difference
between working on a computer program and working on a
gourmet meal (enjoying a gourmet meal or
enjoying programming).  I once told his manager that
he (the manager) should be grateful for the opportunity
he (the manager) had been given to learn from this person,
the likes of whom the manager was unlikely ever again to
encounter again in his (the manager's ) life (manager
did not respond with pleasure to my attempt to be helpful
to him (the manager)).

     Is this correct Latin: "Laborare orare sit" (*May*
     one's working and one's most important personal
     living be one-and-the-same!).

\brad mccormick

--
   Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
914.238.0788 / 27 Poillon Rd, Chappaqua, NY 10514-3403 USA
<![%THINK;[XML]]> Visit my website: http://www.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/