Victor, I think I answered all of this in my post to Brad.

I think that it is strange for economists to mix responsibility
for felonies up with financial responsibility for illegality in
the observance of valid contracts between large political
and corporate entitites.   Even an artist such as myself
can separate the two.    If someone comes afterwards and
joins a company that has committed and benefitted from
an illegal act then the company still owes the debt and
if that late comer is a part of the company and is benefitting
from that relationship they also owe a part of that debt.

Why is that so hard to understand?   It feels a little
slippery when one flows so easily between corporate
and individual responsibilities.  It is the government's
responsibility to repay their citizens for any loss due to
their illegality at another time, not the people who were
victims of that illegality.   Valid contracts also have
nothing to do with old battles and wars won and lost
although the Irish have been fighting that one out for
400 years and as I told Brad, Columbus was able to
come to America because the Spanish resisted the
Moors and others for 700 years until they were finally
strong enough to reclaim their rights and land.

Victor, it just makes more sense to me for us to deal
with these issues in a way that doesn't create a 700
year wound that will eventually destroy what has been
built.  What makes you think that we have any shorter
memories than the Spanish?  Spain was a multi-cultural
society much like the U.S. before the Castillians kicked
out the Moors.  The Basques are still alive and fighting
the Spaniards over things that the Spanish did to them
that was as stupid as the Moor's and Jews mistakes
in Spain.   And today the Jews are fighting the same
issues in Israel that happened to them.  It just has to
stop someplace and ignoring the debts is not the way
you do it IMHO.

Ray.