Thomas:

Globalization is not necessarily an American issue - it is a business issue
from a capitalistic viewpoint of ever expanding growth.  The fact that it
dovetails with the American myth of the endless frontier and is dramatized
by the most powerful image machine of history as reflected in the media's of
North America seems to point the finger at America.

Historically, one can perhaps state that it is just another form of
expansionist history.  From Alexander The Great, to Rome, to the Vikings, to
the British Empire, the Catholic Church, Budda and Mohamed, and many others
in between, there seems to arise in history, movements that strive to
globalize.  All have ended up in the dustbin of history - as will
globalization.

What endures is family, sex, the need to eat and have shelter, the desire
for entertainment, happiness and a search for the meaning of life through
philosophy and religion and drugs.

Respectfully,

Thomas Lunde
--