Dear Friends, all,

In regard to the following, I wonder how much canada 'spends' on interest on
Federal, Provincial (and etc?) debts?

Here in the UK:

    € for every £1 spent on the National Health Service (the heath care
provision for the over-whelming majority)

    € 50 pence is paid out as interest on the National Debt.

(HM Treasury figures 'Budget 1999' leaflet - Debt Interest £26billion,
Health £61billion.)

Is this nuts, or what ?? !!

Hugs

**************************

A BTW at the end

***************************
----------
>From: "S. Lerner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Report takes on tax 'myths' (Canada)
>Date: Mon, Nov 15, 1999, 10:48 am
>

>>> "We spend $72 billion a year on health care. Opening that up to
>>> investment where profits could be made would certainly be in the
>>> interest of the corporations."
>>>.

And the BTW -

!999 Corporation (ie Company Tax) collected at £30billion is almost the same
as that paid out in Debt Interest !!