Dear Ole Fjord Larsen,

Thanks for this.

It is essential that people seeking a better world be as clear as possible
about what they (we!) want.

All previous 'revolutions' have failed because of a lack of prior definition
of aims.

I have such a list (below), but I do encourage others
to consider theirs.

Many hugs

****************
    BTW - Anyone(s) (eg Sustainabilty Review) who want to publish/pass on
this Action List - please do !!

****************
Post-Seattle:

            A Plan of Action

 * Convert competitive activities into worker co-operative partnerships and
remodel monopoly activities as stakeholder co-operatives,
 (see points two and five for the funding mechanism for this);

 * Redistribute 'added-value' from these co-operatives, through
nationally-collected corporate taxation, distributed into local,
democratically-controlled Community Banks, thus making money available for
wealth creation and community development,
 (and the conversions refered to above);

 * Maximise necessary service provision (health, education, libraries,
transport (?) etc) on a free-at-the-point-of-use basis, retaining
(initially?) money as a mechanism for access to discretionary purchases.

 * Introduce guaranteed income maxima and minima for all, and, so, abolish
personal taxation;

 * Abolish money-lending for profit, operating banking and financial
services as a Public Service, 'National Wealth Service'
 (see point two above);

 * Reintroduce international exchange controls as necessary;

 * Make capital grants (not loans) to developing countries.

In brief, transforming money - from master to servant - provides the way of
converting planet-trashing capitalism into locally-controlled, sustainable,
ethical co-operatives, each operating according to the 'Seven Co-operative
Principles' of The International Co-operative Alliance, all working
inter-dependently to deliver sustainable, 'responsible stewardship' of the
earth - for the long-lived well-being of all.

Dr John Courtneidge   13 North Road Hertford SG14 1LN

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  01992 501854