CALL FOR SOLIDARITY ACTION - calls, faxes, e-mails

                      WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 23

      Johns Hopkins University Student-Labor Action Committee
                       LIVING WAGE CAMPAIGN

In solidarity with the workers, community members, and students
appealing
to the Johns Hopkins administration for a living wage, we ask that
activists around the nation call, fax, and e-mail Johns Hopkins
President
Brody and give your support to the demands of the Student-Labor Action
Committee and the Johns Hopkins Student Council.

BASIC DEMANDS:
* Living wage for all Hopkins employees and subcontractors, to match the
living wage set by Baltimore City, and access to affordable health care.
* Hopkins establish a committee comprised of workers, students,
community
members, and administrators to oversee the University's labor practices
and the implementation of the living wage.
* Hopkins require all workers fired from the subcontracted Up-to-Date
Laundry for union activity be reinstated and require the laundry to
discontinue discriminatory practices and improve safety of working
environments or face loss of Hopkins contract.

CONTACT: President William Brody
phone: 410.516.8068
fax: 410.516.6097
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE use fax or phone if possible!!!

FOR MORE INFO:
http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~yk14/SLAC/
or e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

IF YOU ARE IN THE DC/BALTIMORE AREA:
Please attend our mass rally, Thursday, 24 February at 4pm in front of
Levering Hall, Homewood Campus, 3400 N Charles Street

In Solidarity,
The Johns Hopkins University Student-Labor Action Committee

--eSDRHaKacVQCIUSJOXSVbKEWVEdRdN--