"M.Blackmore" wrote:

> THIS ain't such a silly idea.... Any thoughts on how one could go about
> it, either a good dot.com, or a physical site...? Perhaps we are going to
> have to start reinventing - for similar reasons - what our 19th century
> ancestors had to do in Britain with the cooperative movement...
>
> *From:* "john courtneidge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[snip]
> Dear f/w friends
>
> Time to set up a co-operative bookstore (to stock the stuff that others
> hide
> away?

Of course I sympathize as well as empathize with this idea.
But I am curious about its practicability.  Can someone
tell me what are the "stuff that others hide away"? (I've
gotten some pretty obscure things from Amazon -- which
is a fact, not a feeling....)

Maybe I don't know what I'm missing?

    Other than chance encounters,
    You can only encounter in reality
    what you have previously encountered in fantasy.
                        (--Gordon Hirshhorn)

"Yours in discourse...."

+\brad mccormick

--
   Let your light so shine before men,
               that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

   Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
914.238.0788 / 27 Poillon Rd, Chappaqua NY 10514-3403 USA
<![%THINK;[XML]]> Visit my website: http://www.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/