Arthur & all,

This sort of free rider activity surely will hurt the $US. I personally
know several Canadian citizens who evade taxes through offshore entities
and investments. It angers me, as that behavior is a direct assault on
the well-being of the resyt of Canadian taxpayers, including
non-citizens like myself.

Steve

             U.S. CORPORATIONS ARE USING BERMUDA TO SLASH TAX BILLS
                 By DAVID CAY JOHNSTON

                 02/18/2002
                 The New York Times
                 Page 1, Column 3

                 A growing number of American companies, encouraged by their
financial advisers, are incorporating in
                 Bermuda to lower their taxes sharply without giving up the
benefits of doing business in the United
                 States.

(snip)