Harry Pollard wrote:

> Keith,
>
> Of course we can predict how humans will behave.

I am not going to "beat a dead horse" -- or, more precisely:
an animal which has never yet had a chance properly to
be born (yes, I know, everybody says that about their
pet ideas, including, e.g., fundamentalist freemarketeers...).

I would welcome any opportunity to help elucidate the
Habermas quote.  I could easily but with
humble passion teach at least one
and probably more than one graduate
level university course on it -- extemporaneously.

Here's a quote from Norbert Elias:

    Seedcorn scattered to the winds.
    Knowledge for whoever finds.

And one from Elias Canetti (from a writer's diary found
in the rubble of WWII):

    But everything is over.
    If I really was a writer,
    I would have been able to prevent the war.

\brad mccormick