Lawry de Bivort claimed:
> I haven't challenged your IQ Chris.

Terms like "silliness", "insularity", "cannot learn" etc. are usually not
associated with intelligence.  But we'll have to get used to your cop-outs...

> > your name-calling style _belies_ your self-proclaimed interpersonal and
> > communication skills.  If you would have these skills indeed, you
> > could have
> > expressed criticism of me  _without_ resorting to insults and personal
> > humiliation.
>
> Don't think of it as insult and personal humiliation; think of it as mere
> technical description.

Even if it would be a correct description, someone with "good communication
skills" wouldn't resort to such clumsy name-calling to express it.

> Well, uh, yes of course; everyone's Swiss friends would have nothing better
> to do than discuss the Swiss health care system and old Genevese history.

Well, maybe you only talked about the weather and the barbecue...
as all highly educated and interested professionals with great
interpersonal and communication skills  do with their close friends
in other countries.

> So I will respond as I did before:  if anyone wishes to
> know how I calculated that I've had dozens of close Swiss friends and
> hundreds of casual ones, please query me off-list and I'll be happy to
> explain how it came about, as well as describe the amount of time I've spent
> in Switzerland, my activities there, and the rough number of times I have
> been there.  You will readily be able then to judge whether my description
> of Swiss friends, etc., is accurate or not.  But we'll leave Chris in the
> dark about this as well, not that he'll spend much time wondering about what
> he would have heard had he only asked before leaping to his conclusions.

It's high time to grow up, Lawry.  (although I'm probably half your age,
but don't query Lawry off-list about that, folks)

'nuff said...
Chris