Lawry,

I don't recall Desmond making the comparison. But, you bring a thought to
mind. If we had been limited to certain times for congress, what might have
been the result?

Would we have been overcome by more vigorous species, or would we have used
our available time and energy to more intellectual ends?

Harry
=======================================

Lawrence wrote:

>Good morning, Harry, Keith, Pete, Ray, et al,
>
>That must have been quite an interview!
>
>Did he by any chance compare 'evolutionary advantages' of sex and brain?
>That is, homo sapiens (whew, I nearly wrote 'we') could have relatively
>mediocre sexual capabilities but such a procreational and evolutionary
>advantage due to our brains and langauge that we emerged nonetheless.
>
>I am not sure I would call homo sapiens dominant, at least not until we have
>shown that we are capable of resolving the massive social problems we are
>creating for ourselves. I have been chugging away casually at Wilson's ANT
>tome and am quite impressed with those little critters.  Talk about
>guaranteed minimum wage and collaboration!
>
>Cheers,
>Lawry

Harry Pollard
Henry George School of LA