Capitalist Presumption that growth is life, homeostasis is holding one's own
not living and that old age is death.

Capitalism has to exist in a constant state of adolescence in relation to
responsibility or a constant state of a con or the life of a psychopath.
It breaks down when everyone begins to do it.   For example, we hear about
the dot.com bubble as if that is the way adolescents are but the next thing
we hear is that the big retirement accounts with the huge baby boomer
population began removing their money because of retirement.    Can you
imagine what that means?   Compare it to Europe removing its money or Saudi
Arabia?     If a natural event like the retirement of a large segment of the
US population is so destabilizing how can that mean that the system is
reliable?

Natural systems are both brutal and unreliable when it comes to maintaining
a stasis for the benefit of a civilization.    The Free Market may work.
It also may be the most efficient, for itself, of all of the systems.    But
that does not mean that it is an answer for civilization.    What you may
very well have observed in your statement about the "advancement" of Western
Capitalism is merely another bubble based upon the system of Infant care /
Adolescence /  Maturity / Eldership.

The West has made the adolescent female the model for its concept of beauty.
Why should it be surprising that they worship the same model of beauty in
their economic system as well?   Milton Friedman as a delirious old man in
love with a beautiful willful teenager and convincing a bunch of other old
men on the Nobel board that he is correct.   It's Hollywood and the movies
all over again.

Michael Moore understands it,  Alan Greenspan does not although he should
since he studied his music early on.    He forgot.     I always thought that
it was the height of hubris to call him "Maestro."      There are no Maestri
in economics.     All of the economists are trapped in the yin and yang of
Western thought with most of them being at the simple "retail" (supply-side)
level.      We can see the issues.    As a teacher I believe the answer is
education.    For sure, if a simple artist like myself can see the issues
then it isn't all that difficult.

Ray Evans Harrell