Karen, hi. I'm not sure that I would call becoming a right-wing
fundamentalist evangelical Christian a 'positive response' to his wife....

> He was a
> mostly failed businessman in his father's field, by his own account
> stumbling through the first 20 years of his adult life.  He responded
> positively to a wife's "ultimatum" to change his life.

I do think that Harry is essentially right in saying that what transpired
around Bush's election was _legal_. The parties all acted within their legal
mandates. That does _not_ mean that the wisest of all options were pursued,
which is what I think you are saying, Karen.

Of course, the Florida nonsense is a bit of a red herring, regarding the
actual election. Gore blew it badly, for several reasons (which I would
suggest are: failure to treat Clinton honorably; failure to have confidence
in himself; too respectful a treatment of Bush). He lost it, rather than
Bush won it.

And now...who will the Democrats nominate???  Kerry, as I understand him
today, would get my vote.

Cheers,
Lawry