From: Brian McAndrews [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 3:20 PM
To: Harry Pollard
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Whining ("Stop it! And say: 'Thank you'! .... )

Hi Harry,
I see you and Arthur are TRADING (I just finished reading your latest
post to Tom) barbs. Based on your response to his brilliant 'noblesse
oblige' I think you consider it an unfair exchange. Too close to the
bone?
I've witnessed you many times attempt to get the upper hand in an
exchange. Other times you seem to delight in provoking angry
subject". Can dish it out but not take it? Not very sporting.

Take care,
Brian
ps any thoughts on tenured vs adjunct only universities?

>Arthur,
>
>The subject was sales and discounts - and discount coupons. The lady
>is a friend. It was her idea to collect the coupons. She lives in
>the real world where apparently these discount coupons are
>worthwhile.
>
>Please, try not to make little funnies that have no bearing on the subject.
>
>Harry
----

>Arthur wrote:
>
>>Harry
>>
>>A friend of mine is a single mother on welfare. She comes around on Sunday
>>to collect the discount coupons from our LA Times. Why? because she often
>>manages to save a decent amount of money.
>>
>>arthur
>>
>>Noblesse oblige.  Hope you give her some of your old clothes and food you
>>would otherwise throw out.

Harry Pollard
Henry George School of LA
Box 655