----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad McCormick, Ed.D." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "eric stewart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 1:55 AM
Subject: Re:

> The important question is not whether God
> exists, but whether, presuming God
> exists, God is part of the solution
> or part of the problem.  This is where
> human rationality and all fundamentalists
> part company.

The question is, how do you define 'exist'? I exist as an embodied spirit
for the time being, and whether I will still exist after this body has
disappeared forever, will very much depend on the spiritual heritage I
leave. I that way one can say that people like Shakespeare, or Beethoven,
Ravel, Debussy, Gandhi, Jezus Christ, Mohamed, Buddha, still exist, as long
as people share some of their spirit. The idea of God or reality or love or
whatever they managed to express perfectly, which was propagated by them,
remains somehow, and as such, I think exists much stronger than I do now. In
that sense, the belief in such a God makes him exist. Acts are done in his
name. Thus, God is both part of the problem and part of the solution. How
could it be otherwise? Since God is supposed to be everywhere.

Jan Matthieu (AKA Kalyanamitra babaji)