Oswald is a world class economist -- of course he's aware of what Princeton
is! He's probably lectured there!

Keith Hudson

At 02:59 13/12/02 -0800, pete <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(KH)
>>One of the most trenchant observers of the increasing confusion is Prof
>>Andrew Oswald of Warwick University. The following is an extract from his
>>article in the Education Review of The Independent of 12 December.
(AO)
 . . .
>>Of the top 100 physicists across the globe, just two now work in Britain.
>>Yet Princeton University, a tiny American university in New Jersey, has
>>eight.
(PV)
>I wonder what hole in the ground this guy has been living in. I would
>bloody well hope that Princeton had eight of the top physicists. It
>is not some generic cypher of a university. It is the home of the
>Institute for Advanced Studies, the school that managed to lure
>Einstein from Europe, and this "tiny" university has managed
>to populate its institute with the best brains in the world ever
>since, at least in part due to the prestige imparted to the
>positions by the former resident, just as Rutherford was drawn
>to Cavendish's position, and Hawking to Newton's.

Keith Hudson, General Editor, Handlo Music, http://www.handlo.com
6 Upper Camden Place, Bath BA1 5HX, England
Tel: +44 1225 312622;  Fax: +44 1225 447727; mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]