eric stewart wrote:
He first appointed himself President. Now George W. Bush has declared himself God.
I don't think we have to be quite so "over the top" about this.

"All" that is happening is a kind of coup d'etat -- the sort of thing
"we" block people like the fundamentalist Islamic party in
Algeria from winning elections, to prevent.  "You know": "they"
win an election thry the democratic process
and then once they are in power they would
dismantle the democratic process.  This happened in Germany in
the 1930s, I think.

Eric seems to be entirely right that Bush and Rumsfeld
have given themselves extraordinary power to
deal with the present "state of emergency" which they have
declared.  Here's some background, from the New York Times:

    http://www.users.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/quotes1.html#Q109

As for the picture in Eric's posting, there's yet another venomous frown
from Mr. Bush.  I wonder who he is looking over his
shoulder because he suspects they might be going to do what to
him or his dad, this time?

No, Bush doesn't think he is God.  But he does seem confident
that he is doing God's will, including hijacking the
United States government to punish that man "who tried to kill
my dad".  No, Bush is not God.  He's Captain Ahab.

\brad mccormick

As Americans begin their third year of Supreme
Court-ordered political occupation, Bush has just signed an impressive new executive order. You may be surprised to learn that it grants him the right to order your execution. No judge, jury or lawyer. No chance to prove your innocence. One stroke of Bush's pen, and bang--you're dead. Not even your American citizenship, according to Bush, will save your life if and when he decides to kill you. The only reason you're reading this right now--instead of meeting the Entity Formerly Known as God--is that neither Bush nor one of his "high-level officials" has yet signed a piece of paper declaring you an "enemy combatant." Once they do the paperwork, Administration officials assert, they have the right to murder you. (12/15/2002 3:39:00 PM)

via Politech

http://www.libertythink.com

Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com <http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup>

Meet Singles <http://corp.mail.com/lavalife>

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Visit my website ==> http://www.users.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/