--- Original Message -----
From: Alfred L. Marder
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2002 11:29 AM
Subject: CITGO GAS

Dear Friend:

The WALL STREET JOURNAL brought to our attention that CITGO is a wholy-owned
subsidiary of the national Venezuela oil company.

The attacks on the overwhelmingly democratically elected government of President Hugo
Chavez deal directly with the reforms that this government is instituting: including
land reform, labor rights and protection oif the nationally owned assets. Many go into
affect on January 1st, thus explaining the push at this time to have Chavez resign.
Otto Reich and Company have their dirty hands in the mix despite the sanctimonious
declarations of "neutralilty" emenating from Bush, Inc. It is part and parcel of the
US policies to foist FTAA and privitization on Latin America.

IN addition to our statements and acts of solidarity, the proposal is that we purchase
gasoline from CITGO. In filling our tanks, we inform the franchised dealer that the
reason we are buying CITGO gasoline is to show our solidarity with the Venezuelan
people and democracy in Venezuela.

We urge we all forward this message to all of our friends and neighbors.

Yours in Peace,
Al Marder
US Peace Council

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22citgo+is+owned+by%22