*From:* Karen Watters Cole <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*To:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*Sent:* Saturday, January 11, 2003 4:38 PM
*Subject:* [Futurework] Ecological costs of war

Medical group forecasts several scenarios.

Hellish scenarios of a new Gulf War

‘Scorched earth’ fears tower over ’91 fallout in Kuwait

By Miguel Llanos <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> @
http://www.msnbc.com/news/842769.asp?0cv=CB10&cp1=1#TOP
<http://www.msnbc.com/news/842769.asp?0cv=CB10&cp1=1#TOP>
MSNBC
[snip]

To repeat myself, or rather, to repeat Werner Herzog from
his film about the First Gulf War:

    In that time, they will seek death,
    but they will not find it,
    because death will flee from them.

But since this is a list about the future of work,
I will end with the recent Dilbert cartoon
where the Grim Reaper comes for Dilbert, and
Dilbert is baffled because G.R. has a smile on his face.
Dilbert asks about this, and G.R. explains: "I,
unlike you, like my job."

Cheers!

\brad mccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]