Keith wrote:

I look forward to meeting you if you come here. But bear in mind that I
think this war is an abomination and has been started for ulterior motives
which are all to do with the meeting of the National Security Council which
met on Deptember 12 2001 and put the security of Iraqi oil at the top of
the agenda not to do with any of the various fictitious reasons that have
been advanced since.

We are closer than you think. You may recall I asked a question that Ed answered thoughtfully but without a conclusion. It was something like, "Does a nation have the right to ensure supplies necessary to its existence - even to going to war?"

Would it have been an absolute disaster if Saddam had been able to keep Kuwait and perhaps move into Saudi Arabia back before the Gulf War?

On the other hand, Iraqi oil is an important fraction of world supplies. Should the US take steps to ensure the supply of oil? The economy of the US needs a good supply. Everybody else's economy needs a strong American economy.

Is it in the interest of the "united nations" to bring stability to the area?

If we find the WMD, I will be as surprised as you. However, the discovery of those 3,000 antichemical/biological suits is interesting.

As I've said, I think good things could come out of this war. But I generally add a modicum of hope and a touch of optimism to such statements.

You are as perturbed as anyone about the failure of Bush/Blair to confirm things they seem to know. I wonder if they have someone high in Saddam's hierarchy? I have wondered how they knew of the top brass meeting that let to the first bombing of the war?

Do we have an intelligence source in there?

No doubt we will find out eventually.

Don't worry about our differences affecting our beer drinking.

By the time we get together - possibly in July/August - many things will have become clear - one hopes. We'll have lots to discuss.

Harry

****************************** Harry Pollard Henry George School of LA Box 655 Tujunga CA 91042 [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel: (818) 352-4141 Fax: (818) 353-2242 *******************************

---