Ray,

I don't want to demean your Declaration of Independence in any way because
it is one of the finest statements in any language.

However, I would modify the following paragraph from your posting in the
following way:

<<<<
An American is from the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of
Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person the
pursuit of happiness . . . . and the guaranteed availability of a
sufficiency of cheap oil from both domestic and Saudi Arabian sources for
most of the last century.

Keith Hudson