On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Gee.  However did Inspector Clouseau, Hans Blix, ever miss this as he and
>his hapless helpers trundled around Iraq?

First, they spent most of their time in Baghdad. Second, they
were looking for weapons, not torture chambers, which are pretty
portable things anyway. And is anyone in the world actually
surprised by this in the least, other than the hypothetical
imaginary Baathist sympathizers caricatured by the opponents
of cautious and lawful means of extraction of US-installed
puppet-dictatorships-gone-bad. I bet there have been thousands
of those rooms all over the globe over the last half century
with CIA operatives sitting quietly outside the door, awaiting
the results. Perhaps twenty years ago, in that building itself.

I bet the young arabs across the world now aspiring to grow
up and murder american religious imperialists won't be swayed
by this revelation in the least.

          -Pete Vincent