Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 12:47 AM
Subject: [Futurework] The Sacred Fire

ON FIRE!

Recently, just as an ecumenical gathering was commencing, a
secretary rushed in shouting "The building is on fire!"

The Baptists cried, "Where is the Water?"

The Quakers quietly praised God for the blessings that fire
brings.

The Lutherans posted a notice on the door declaring that fire
was evil.

The Roman Catholics passed the plate to cover the damage.

The Jews posted symbols on the doors hoping the fire would pass.

The Congregationalists shouted "Every man for himself."

The Fundamentalists proclaimed, "It's the vengeance of God."

The Episcopalians formed a procession and marched out.

The Christian Scientists concluded that the fire would put
itself out.

The Presbyterians appointed a chair person who was to appoint a
committee to look into the matter and submit a written report.

The Unity Students proclaimed the fire had no power over them.

Some atheists in attendance didn't believe there was a fire.

The secretary grabbed the fire extinguisher and put the fire out.

And the Mormons, having arrived fifteen minutes late, missed the
fire completely.