Has anyone seen the movie about the girls that were arrested for drug
smuggling in Asia and the prisons they were in?   There is another movie
except its  college age men.   One of which is hung in front of his sister.
Then there was the Taliban prison for the young Southern Baptist girls who
were caught trying to proselytize.    They all seem to have that filthy hole
in the middle of the room for human waste.    And then there was Louisburg
in Nova Scotia the French and then English capital where the MicMaq refused
to spend any more than a few hours because the entire town's sewage made
them sick.    Today when they have rebuilt the town for tourism they have a
disgusting smelling perfume that they put on the soldiers.   Its the smell
of human excrement which you get a whiff of as they march by.   Come to
think of it has anyone been to Devil's Island or Alcatraz?     It seems that
the story was put out that Sadaams troops were killing babies in a hospital
in Kuwait.    Later the news groups admitted that it was propaganda with
their tails firmly tucked between their legs to protect their behinds.

Don't get me wrong.   I'm not FOR Sadaam Hussein.    I just know too many
appalling and terminal things going on elsewhere and right here, that the
average person is totally aware of and doesn't care about.    Crowds always
pray for and cheer their own troops.   I do as well.   I just don't support
wars of aggression and lies that support them.

Too often I hear musicians talk about the same performance and I hear one
speak of the "out of tune" playing while another thinks just the opposite.
One is a pianist who is used to "tempered" tuning which doesn't vary but is
out of tune deliberately while the string player does not use that tuning
and drives the pianist mad.   They exist in two different tonal universes
but the music of the West is filled with a dialogue between the two
instruments and their tonal universes.    I spoke yesterday with my old
Maestro and we both couldn't understand how this chauvinism could all come
to be.   Obviously it was a failure Art.    And I think he's right.    Art
and Religion.

REH