Hello Arthur,

  Your remark about mind being a process that goes on in the brain echoed back at me
in a meditative moment yesterday. You were wondering, Where is the mind?, and if indeed
we have one. I really enjoy these kinds of questions, and ask that you consider the following:

  Mind is quite apart from brain because you are free to change your mind moment to moment.
You can do so because, unlike brain and body, it is unfettered by physical laws.

  Mind can direct brain to change its pathways because of changed beliefs.

  Mind is intellectual and abstract--the brain and body are neither, and in fact are wholly subject
to physical laws and the belief system that binds them.

  Mind is creative and most of all is the only attribute in the individual capable of love. Again,
brain is capable of neither.

  From the mind source, we direct to brain and to the body in order to effect a vessel of communication
or instrument of action.

  As to where your mind is--is a question asked by one who insists physical explanations need
apply to that which actually has no physical attributes whatsoever. To give answer to such a question
would be an attempt to make physical that which is but a unique energy. Your mind is everywhere,
and you cannot restrict it to a physical universe, even one so seemingly endless as the one with which
you are acquainted, because there will always be a boundary at its edge to cross. Your mind is free.

  Some say energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Many would say that has been proven.
Some would call mind energy divine because of its ability to create in the causal sense. All will
ultimately depend upon your beliefs (scientific evidence being subject to chronic change and mani-
pulation for whatever suits one's beliefs or one's agenda) -- which again I will cite as something the
brain cannot harbour, but because of constant exposure to belief's indoctrination, will build neural
pathways that always lead to the same information or support system surrounding said beliefs.

  Perception is choice. It selects and makes real what you internalize, then subsequently project.
What you look for you are far more likely to find than what you'd rather overlook. What you see
will depend entirely on what you think you are. You will believe that the world you project will control
your destiny. Believing that will not necessarily make it reality. Truth or reality (by no means
subject to perception) will not require any recognition by you for confirmation. Because
of the nature of mind that has free will, it is destined to seek out reality--by choice. Unfortunately,
reason lies in the right-thinking self we have cut off from awareness, and the ego-self, entirely
concerned with physical preservation and physical reality, insists we stay ignorant of our true
capacity, and has us constantly thinking about that which never lasts--under the guise of reason.
This consequently ensures that we are left to believe ourselves as tiny, vulnerable and full of fear.
It results in our feelings of impermanence and unreality. We are on Earth because of our belief in
limitations. Knowledge would threaten its existence as we know it, and what we think we are. Most
of all, it would dispel the insane notion that we are separate from other life.

  Today's scientific experiments examining mind energy output cannot ever hope to establish capacity.
There is great danger in depending upon output alone as it is circumspect in its attempts, and could
lead to scientific acceptance of a measurable system or criterion, which would only become another
"objective" - so called - voyage into discrimination, much like race studies that claim to have "objective"
evidence for their supremacist theories.

  Enjoy your mind's freedom now. It is the only moment to live for. Don't get trapped into thinking you
need proof of said mind for validation to appreciate its being. Living for the future is restricting your
ability to live today, and gives rise to the depressive self-censor.

  Perhaps you will relate to the thought of being as infinity, a concept that only mind can wrap around.

  Hoping you find some meaning in the above,
Natalia