Arthur:
> Vietnam had supplies from USSR/China.  Iraqi fighters have no ready source
> of new supplies.
>
> I believe the US can't up and leave.  It has "re-shuffled" the deck in the
> ME and has to stay on to ensure a longer term outcome.

Well, it WILL be longer term, and it will be a term of suffering for the
Iraqis and growing losses for the US, and the outcome one of failure. I can
only wonder what Bush/Cheney/Wolfowitz's version of the Nixon/Kissinger's
"Peace with Honor" motto will be, though I have no doubt it will be a vapid
and selfish as theirs was.

Arthur, I do wish you lived on this side of the border, and could support
Bush with your taxes, and travel with a US passport.

Cheers,
Lawry