From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Ed Weick
Sent: Mon, October 06, 2003 2:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; futurework
Subject: Re: [Futurework] Inhuman rights

I understand what you are saying, Lawry.  I've been in dry communities in northern Canada where alcohol consumption was not permitted, and one had to observe the rule publicly.  But no one would threaten to behead you if you had a quiet nip in your hotel room.

Be that as it may, the crime Sampson was alleged to have committed was of planting a bomb that killed an engineer named Christopher Rodway.  He was also accused of being a spy for the British government.  There is good reason to believe that he was neither a bomber nor a spy.  What it seems he really did, and he admitted as much in the interview, was try to help someone who was in trouble with the police leave Saudi Arabia.  It didn't work.