Keith,

Two centuries ago Ricardo hypothesized his Iron Law of Wages, which suggested that wages would be constantly pressed down to a level of subsistence.

Overwork and longer hours are a manifestation of the Iron Law. A modern economist is like Stephen Leacock's horseman -- he jumps on his horse and rides off in all directions.

So long as they chase wildly after effects, they will never find causes.

As is clear every day as they pompously declaim their certainties.

Harry
Keith wrote:

Brad,