Title: Re: [Futurework] Re: Designer drugs...
Hi Barry:

Thanks for the URL, I read it with great interest.  Those of us who do drugs or know about drugs from past experience have a firm belief that the establishment is crazy.  I didn't bring it up in my last post but ---

e.. Negative side-effects that occur especially when GHB is
> ingested with alcohol and signs that an overdose may have been taken are:
> dose-dependent drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, amnesia, visual
> hallucinations, loss of consciousness, loss of reflexes, reduced blood
> pressure, decreased heart rate, hypnotic effects resembling petit- mal
> epilepsy, convulsions, severe respiratory depression, coma and death.
> Overdose requires emergency room care.

About the only negative effect they don't warn of was blindness.  As your article stated, it is estimated that over 1 million clubbers a week use Ecstasy  If those side effects or any portion of them were showing up in any statistically valid number - it would be known and published.  Instead, after a weekend recreation tab of Ecstasy, they go back to work on Monday - as normal as can be.

Yet if you read the literature on prescription drugs, you find the medical professionals happily killing a large part of their client load with misprescription, overdose, and mixing prescriptions.  Remember the great effort to inoculate key medical personnel for smallpox in case those nasty terrorists released bacteria into a city.  Well, many of them are now suffering side effects and the program to inoculate many people has been scrapped.

So, it gets hard for me to invalidate my own experience when society has all these judgements and warnings that are contradictory to my experience.  Of course, I believe everything in the newspaper and TV like a good little robot as well.

Respectfully,

Thomas Lunde