Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 12:06 PM
Subject: Toward a spiritual renaissance (was RE: [Futurework] Be a good little beaver for Uncle Sam!)

Yes, good point. I would guess that the differences in values within the US is greater than those between, collectively, the US and Canada.

Someone earlier (Ed?) wondered whether Canada was losing its own way. (Sorry for the lack of precise attribution: I have been for the last two weeks embroiled in complicated and time-consuming negotiations and and skipping lightly on my list-reading...)  I hope this isn't happening. The West, generally, is in my growing opinion in deep trouble, morally, culturally. We very much need a place or places where this degradation is not happening, both to serve as a haven for those who do not wish to remain part of the degradation, and to serve eventually as a resource through which the West can rebuild itself.

I can think of no more important a priority than this.

Lawry