Probably some deep psychological reason behind this.

Wanting to fit in on the part of the young ones vs. a desire to be distinctive on the part of others.

arthur
-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Pollard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 4:42 PM
To: 'Keith Hudson'
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Futurework] RE: Miscellaneous

Sorry Keith,

Didn't mean to give a wrong impression.

I remember eons ago, a friend talking of his elderly Scot's mother saying as she aged her Scottish speech became thicker and thicker - almost beyond understanding.

That's probably happening to me.

On radio, the accent was very useful as you might imagine.

The kids lost their accents about 90 seconds after arriving in Canada.

Henry George School of Social Science
of Los Angeles
Box 655  Tujunga  CA  91042
Tel: 818 352-4141  --  Fax: 818 353-2242
http://haledward.home.comcast.net