Harry,

I've never worked on a "reality" TV game show but I have done a lot of
aleatory art at one time or another.   It is always as good as the
performers.   Certain types of literal types of performers don't do as well.
Some of the great symphony musicians for example.    The best are described
as explorers.  Sometimes the creative artist tries to escape quality to
deliberately mine the mediocre because mediocre is always unrefined and
complex.     I watched a couple of the shows and found them within a scope
that I was familiar and therefore predictable.   I also didn't care to
support the elevation of those without skill and subtlity.   I feel that
using the best material provides interesting ideals for an audience like
watching great baseball players.    But the TV stations go the cheap route
for less than artistic reasons.     Game shows don't interest me much
because the type of information doesn't interest me.   But its OK for people
at certain times in their lives and I like both entertainment (relaxation)
and challenge.

For all of you on the list who would like to experience a wonderful
symphonic performance.   Jose Serebrier has recorded three early Ned Rorem
symphonies from the 1950s on Naxos with the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra.
It has been nominated for a Grammy in three different catagories.   I'm
listening now.   It is fine music from the man who is America's finest
living composer in my estimation.    I hope we can develop more like him in
every catagory and style.     The title of the album is Ned Rorem:   Three
Symphonies.  and that American flag in the upper right hand corner has a
right to be proud in a day when there are many things not to be proud of
that flaunt the flag for personal gain.   Its nice to see quality give back.

Ray Evans Harrell